Friday, July 26, 2013

Another country dream house...well a farm actually !

Below are some images of a place I looked at not far from New Paltz, its an old farm house on 15 acres, with amazing potential.  It really pushed me to think about what i felt comfortable taking on, as just one person on a tight budget with a full time job.  I realized that as much as i would love this place and can see the endless potential, it was just too much as a hobby project.  Really great to dream about it however.  It also forced me to start asking some really good questions to myself about why i am doing this and what i want to get out of this. My friends questioned my sanity when we drove up to it, but come on.....she's a beauty.  The porch, the bones, there amazing.  Maybe a little haunted but you know nothing a sage smudging wouldn't get rid off!
The idea of 15 acres would be really amazing, driving me was a conversation with my dad who breeds border collies and has a following in the states. This could be a great place for him to work out of when he comes here, raising and training the dogs.  Along with that i simply dream of not seeing another person at the weekend when i leave the city, me antisocial...never.
Anyway i didn't move forward with the project so i fear she will sit there and rot away as the house and land have already been on the market for quite some time.








Just look at the potential....my friends were horrified at the thought of me living here!!


Great shot, me in all my wisdom checking the foundation......




3 ft of water in the basement, maybe a little too much to take on.  Along with no heating and not mechanical to speak off. One day this will be the project i jump into!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...